Sunday, March 21, 2010

Visit with Johnathan Kayne

On the evening of March 5, I had my final fitting for my evening gown with creative genius Johnathan Kayne of Project Runway fame, and my very sweet, multi-talented hair and make-up artist/jewelry designer/friend Ilquia. Ilquia has been a fan of Johnathan since Project Runway. I was delighted to be able to introduce them!

Johnathan Kayne Gillespie

Last fall, I contacted Sharon at Johnathan's office about getting an evening gown. I listened to Johnathan's interview with Valerie Hayes. It stuck with me that he said his goal is to make women feel beautiful, and that he felt he could do that at a very low price point (which is necessary for me, given that I've spent the past six years as a student, graduate student, teaching assistant and now nonprofit director and math instructor). Like any pageant contestant, I just wanted to feel like a queen -- without having to go into debt for it. I found a gorgeous gown within my price range in his 2010 collection, and I have be honest, it makes me feel like I could be the next Mrs. America. :) With Johnathan's gown, Ilquia's gorgeous hair & make-up styling (I'll post pictures after the event!), and the faith and perspective to simply be myself and share who I am with the judges, I am confident that I will leave the Mrs. Oklahoma pageant with no regrets, with or without a crown, as Mrs. Oklahoma or as Mrs. Bobby Townsend. Thank you, to both Johnathan and Ilquia, for making a pretty girl feel absolutely beautiful.

My fabulous hair & make-up artist, Ilquia

Visit Johnathan Kayne's website and Ilquia's facebook page for more information about these fabulous people and the services they offer. They love what they do and are the kinds of genuine, open people that everyone wants to do business with.

Some neat trivia about Johnathan:
According to Wikipedia, while appearing on Project Runway, Johnathan won the "Fit for a Queen" challenge that required designers to create an evening gown for Miss USA Tara Conner to wear in the Miss Universe pageant. Tara went on to be placed fourth runner up in the Miss Universe pageant wearing her custom made dress.

No comments: