Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Forever. For Real. on February 6

With Liz Silva, OMI's Technical Assistance Coordinator
for workshop leaders in eastern Oklahoma

Wardrobe provided by Oxygen, Inc.


With my friend Amanda Carter, OMI's Service Delivery Coordinator for the Tulsa area. Amanda helped me to get involved in the Oklahoma Marriage Initiative a few years ago! I'm so grateful.
Wardrobe provided by Oxygen, Inc.

With Jack Myrick, one of OMI's featured workshop leaders for the February 6 event. One of my favorite sections was his speech on expectations! Do your best to meet your spouse's most important expectations! Jack said, "Make him the king of your heart -- or someone else will." So true...Invest in your relationship and your partner! It will be worth it.
Wardrobe provided by Oxygen, Inc.


With Jack Myrick. Wardrobe provided by Oxygen, Inc.

On February 6, the Oklahoma Marriage Initiative hosted our biggest event of the year! This Forever. For Real. event, for dating, engaged, or married couples, took place at four locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Norman. 1,918 people attended the event! We had about 600 in Tulsa alone. I coached couples at the Tulsa location at the Crowne Plaza downtown. The speakers get better every time I hear them! It was a great day. I also had the chance to share about supporting children after divorce and my new job as Executive Director of Blended Love. I gave out 30 business cards! There is so much interest in what we do to serve children from changing families.

If you missed it, not to worry! We have new workshops beginning all the time. Find a workshop that fits in your schedule at www.ForeverForReal.com.

No comments: