Sunday, December 13, 2009

All-American Idol

On November 13, I had the honor and responsibility of judging the Bethel Foundation's All-American Idol. This American-Idol style event was hosted by Megan Joy, the phenomenally talented vocalist from American Idol's Season 8. A single mother herself, she contacted the Bethel Foundation last spring, expressing an interest in supporting the great work they are doing for single moms. She has a fun, spunky personality and when I heard her sing, wow! I had goosebumps! She will be a wonderful asset to the foundation for years to come.

The show featured 20 talented finalists from all over the midwest. It was tough to judge, but in the end, Raymond Mobley was selected as Bethel's own All-American Idol. He has the whole package: an incredible voice, stage presence, and a marketable look and personality. I gave him a perfect score. He won a recording contract and promotional contract for the next several years. I am sure that we will all be hearing more from Raymond in the near future.

I was delighted to spend time with the lovely Heather Rouba, Mrs. Oklahoma America 2009. She has selflessly served many organizations this year, including the Bethel Foundation. It is my understanding that Heather found make-up artists and hair stylists for the event. She is constantly, selflessly giving of herself, her connections, her time and talent, without asking for any recognition in return. She is truly epitomizes what the Mrs. America organization is all about. Mrs. Oklahoma America 2010 will have large shoes to fill! Heather is truly a servant-leader and also a great friend. She also recently took on a new role as partner with a new modeling agency, the Anthony David Agency, at 30 years old. It's amazing to see so many of God's blessings and gifts in a single person. I'm honored to call her my friend.

This was my second year appearing at Bethel's annual benefit, and I'm delighted to have been a part of it. Bethel provides food, Christian counseling, emergency housing, career and educational counseling, and much more to single mothers in need. This is the heart song of founder, Lynda Powell. God has blessed her vision and mission tremendously, and she and her volunteers have in turn been a blessing to moms across Oklahoma. I'm thrilled to support what they do and happy to help in any way I can.

I'd like to say a special thank you to Miss Rachel Hart who did my make-up for the show! I have never felt so beautiful! Thank you for helping me to look better than my best has ever been!

No comments: