Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Miss Northwestern Scholarship Pageant

With Miss Northwestern 2009, Jordan Gaskill

I emceed the Miss Northwestern pageant this weekend. It was a blast! The contestants, volunteers, and judges were wonderful, and although I had a few less-than-articulate moments, I think the whole event was a success. A beautiful new titleholder, Jordan Gaskill, was crowned and all contestants benefited from their experience, earning cash and tuition scholarships to NWOSU and the healthy attitudes and life skills that come through competition. In addition, Miss Northwestern's Oklahoma Star was chosen from among five Miss Northwestern stars. The new Miss Northwestern Oklahoma Star is Sagelyn Budy. I also had the opportunity to share a little bit about the Mrs. International organization, my personal experience with the Miss America organization, my work with divorce support and divorce prevention, and my Mrs. International competition experience. I am also delighted to share that the little Northwestern Stars think that the Mrs. Oklahoma crown is just beautiful. Here are a few photos. I hope you enjoy them. :)

With board member Amanda Schroeder and director JoDe Bradt.
Amanda and I competed together at Mrs. Oklahoma in 2007, and
she thought of me when working with the board to decide
on a mistress of ceremonies for last night's event.


Thank you both for your hard work, energy and effort
in creating this opportunity
for NWOSU women, and
thank you for including me, ladies! I'm blessed to know you.
:)

An emotional moment
between executive director JoDe Bradt

and outgoing Miss Northwestern Ashlynn Frey


With Ashlynn, Miss Northwestern 2008
Such a sweet young woman and very deserving!


With Liberty Bird, one of the precious Miss Northwestern Stars

Ashlynn and Liberty

With Abbigale Hall, another beautiful Miss Northwestern Star

Congratulations to all of the contestants, all of the Northwestern Stars, to Jordan and Sagelynn, and all of the volunteers and sponsors who made last night's event a huge success!

To JoDe, Amanda, and the Miss Northwestern board,
thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

No comments: