Saturday, July 12, 2008

TFTJ has published my article!

Turn for the Judges published my article "You're No Better Than Anybody Else, But You're Just as Good", or "A Lesson from Grandma" today.

The article is written with the women in pageantry in mind, and it talks about the battle that women in pageantry face between being self-confident and being humble as we deal with the possible emotional roller-coaster that comes through competing in pageantry and placing (or not placing) throughout our pageant careers. It's inspired by a quote from my grandmother. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

The article can be found under "editorials." You'll have to subscribe to TFTJ Cafe to read it. You'll have access to all of the TFTJ pageant-related articles for $20 per year. To subscribe and then read my article, go to www.tftj.com. I learned a lot from Grandma Platt. She was a strong, intelligent, kind woman and she lived her values every day. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: