Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Mrs. International Pageant ~ Interview Day!

Dear friends and family,
The last few days have been exhausting and wonderful, rewarding and life-enriching. My roommate Mrs. North Dakota is an absolute sweetheart and we have become great friends! I've also been getting along well with all of the contestants and staff -- no matter what happens on Saturday night, I am so grateful to have been afforded this experience! There have been a few moments when I've laughed a bit too loud or said something a little too honest (concerning our fitness wear, for example, yikes!), but I'm being true to myself and having a great time. I have had the opportunity to share my platform with several of the other ladies and I know that just getting the word out about this platform, the need for divorce support programming for youth and our ability as adults to do something about it is a step in the right direction. I have shared my message with a wider audience and in that sense, I have already succeeded this week!

Interviews were this morning and the judges were wonderful. All of them asked very relevant, important questions and I think the new Mrs. International will be the best person for the job. My platform is so important to me, and I think I conveyed my passion and vision with honesty and sincerity this morning. Please pray for peace for me as I compete tomorrow night!

Well, I better get going! We have a lot to do! Bobby arrives from Tulsa at 2:3o this afternoon and I will have the opportunity to spend a few moments with him before rehearsal -- which I'm really, really looking forward to! I have missed him so much! He is my rock, my best friend, and my greatest inspiration. Seeing him tonight will help me to feel comfortable and confident, and to see myself as he sees me. I love being Mrs. Oklahoma, but even more than that, I love being Mrs. Bobby Townsend. Wish me luck!

If you'd like to see pictures from this week's events, go to the Mrs. Oklahoma Pageant blog.

Sincerely,
Sasha MPT
Mrs. Oklahoma International 2008

No comments: