Monday, August 25, 2008

The Tulsa Wedding Show

Bobby and I had a great day yesterday with Sandy Richardson of Applause Modeling and Talent Agency, and a fun group of models, vendors, and friends as we modeled beautiful formal wear and women and men watching helped plan someone's very special wedding day.

The models were wonderful. They were fun and sweet and friendly and youthful. Sandy and her friends were warm and kind. We modeled in three shows from noon to 5 PM, and had a short break at the the 3 o'clock hour to tour the show. Bobby and I tried some delicious wedding cake (I love Ludger's wedding cakes) and appetizers, and had to turn down a lot of vendors by saying, "We're already married!"

Here we are backstage in the ladies dressing room at the Tulsa Wedding Show:
Booby and I also took some very cute pictures in the photo booth (I wish I had a scanner so that I could share them with you!) and with an ice sculpture of two hearts - that happened to have colored ice shaped into an S and a B - perfect for Sasha and Bobby! It was meant to be!

Sandy offered to give me 30 seconds or so to talk about my platform, but I opted against it. In thinking about all of the women and their girlfriends, choosing gowns, cakes, florists, and reception locations, I didn't have it in my heart to bring up divorce. Looking back, I should have talked about the Oklahoma Marriage Initiative and the opportunity to save $45 on their marriage licenses by attending a free 12-hour workshop series. Every couple can benefit from the information OMI has for them. Every couple can improve their communication and learn to nurture the best parts of their relationship so that they can have wonderful marriages that they have always dreamed of. At the next wedding show, if given the opportunity, I will share this. Many, many women will spend five hours at a single wedding show, plus many more hours, planning the wedding of their dreams. What about the marriage of their dreams? Bobby and I have been married two years, and we're still hopelessly in love with each other, although our relationship, just like any other, does require work at times. If you would like to find a free workshop, visit the Oklahoma Marriage Initiative online.

Dressing up in wedding gowns was like being a princess for a day, and it meant even more to me to have Bobby by my side, modeling tuxedos. It is always easier for me to feel comfortable, elegant, and beautiful knowing he's right there next to me. I modeled four gowns and Bobby modeled three tuxedos in three shows. It was a lot of fun! I hope that Bobby and I will be invited back for the wedding show in January.

No comments: