Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tulsa Club of Toastmasters International

I had a great time at my first Toastmasters meeting tonight! As a guest, I simply listened and observed until I made my comments at the end. (Our President Meg made my first meeting very comfortable for me, and for that I'm very grateful!) It's a small but enthusiastic group, with people of varying comfort levels with regard to public speaking. Our club definitely has a workshop atmosphere. I highly suggest that anyone with interest in developing their speaking skills find a club and join now! The members are not intimidating and only wish to be your friend and help you. In addition, all of the members help each other to grow...Through giving and receiving, everyone improves their skills and contributes to each member's development and achievement of their goals. I feel so fortunate to have found this club and feel that it was meant to be! Thank you to Meg and the rest of the club for making me feel at home. Your congenial reception helped me to feel more comfortable than I expected. I look forward to attending and contributing in our next meeting!

No comments: