Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thank you!

I wanted to share the good news: Since I began working out at Sedona, not only do I have more energy and strength, but I have lost 6 lbs and 3 inches! Thank you to my amazing trainer Derek Zabienski and the staff of Sedona Fitness for making this possible! I still have a long way to go until I have that Mrs. America body, but I am on my way and I have Derek and Sedona to thank for it.

Things have also gone extraordinarily well at Toastmasters Club #148. I spend every Monday evening with a group of people that I admire immensely. They provide me with so much insight and advice. I know that after a few more mock interviews with the club, I will be 100% ready for my state pageant interview, my on-stage question, and most importantly, press conferences and news interviews as Mrs. America! I have always felt that serving as Mrs. America was a job, and Toastmasters is preparing me for that job. I am so grateful. I only I hope I can be as much a blessing to them as they have been to me.

Between Toastmasters, training with Derek, Mrs. Tulsa appearances, nonprofit meetings and interviews, my family, social, and church life, and my work as a math instructor at TCC, I have been more than busy this semester, but it has all been a blessing. God is constantly placing people in my path who I can learn from and who share my values. I have learned so much in the past six months and have grown because of it. It is my hope that God will use these experiences to shape me into the person He wants me to be, in order to use me to further His kingdom and serve others for His glory. I am incredibly blessed. Even my difficulties and challenges have taught me much. If I make a small difference anywhere, it is all because of my God. He deserves the glory! It is humbling and exciting to be a small part of God's incredible plan.

Thank you first to God, then to Toastmasters, Derek and the wonderful people I have met. May every experience in life bring you closer to God. :)

No comments: