Sunday, December 13, 2009

School Assembly and Classroom Presentation at Skelly Elementary

On December 4, I spoke to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classes of Skelly Elementary at their Student of the Month assembly. My speech focused on a key component of the PREP curriculum as applied to everything in life: Decide, Don't Slide!

The speech was about making a difference and making conscious decisions to do what is right, rather than sliding into behaviors that may be easy or comfortable. The school also welcomed two new Partners in Education: Bounce U, and On the Border. Partners in Education adopt local schools and agree to support them. What a special blessing! And what a special school! Ever since my first visit to Skelly, it was clear to me that the leadership was guiding children to become productive young men and women of character. I wish I could adopt Skelly Elementary!

Immediately following the assembly, I visited with Mrs. Mills' 5th grade class for the second time. I love these kids. The first time we visited, I didn't have the chance to finish the goal-setting presentation, so I finished the goal-setting presentation on December 4. I look forward to visiting Mrs. Mills' class again in the new year!

No comments: