Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mrs. Tulsa 2010!

I recently took my first steps on the journey to become Mrs. America! I will be representing Tulsa in the Mrs. Oklahoma America pageant April 16-17, 2010 at the Guthrie Scottish Rite Temple. I'm very excited about it and will prepare to compete with no regrets while serving my community as Mrs. Tulsa.

In the time since I have given up my Mrs. Oklahoma International title, I've learned that it's not the crown but the woman wearing it that makes the difference. Confidence must radiate from the inside out. When we believe in ourselves, forgive ourselves for mistakes, learn from them, and go boldly forward, we give others permission to do the same. But if you can believe it, you can gain confidence, grow, and become a stronger person tomorrow than you are today. My friend, Heather Rouba, Mrs. Oklahoma America and future Mrs. America(!!!), as well as my friends Kara Shull and Cassondra Smith, have helped God reveal these truths to me this year. I'm so grateful that God has placed these amazing women in my life! I still have much to learn and I embrace the opportunity. Thanks for joining me on my journey! Stay tuned for updates!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

you go girl!! and you are so right Heather is the future Mrs. America. I'm behind you all the way.