Sunday, April 19, 2009

Heather Rouba won Mrs. Oklahoma America!

My friend Heather Rouba was honored with the title of Mrs. Oklahoma America 2009 last night!

Heather contacted me a few months ago with questions about being Mrs. Oklahoma and about my platform of divorce support and divorce prevention. It turns out that we had had similar experiences: Both of us are adult children of divorce who were profoundly affected by our parents' decision. Heather will spend her year promoting her platform of Strengthening Marriage & Family as Mrs. Oklahoma America 2009, as well as Mrs. America's national platform of supporting music education. I am very proud of Heather, not only for her accomplishment last night, but also because I know that she will accomplish great things this year with the title, make Oklahoma proud, and represent all of the women in pageantry in a positive light. I have had the chance to get to know Heather and I look forward to hearing more about her year.

There are many wonderful pageants available for married women, especially in Oklahoma. I feel fortunate that Mrs. Oklahoma International, Mrs. Oklahoma America, and Mrs. Oklahoma United States all have excellent leadership, providing opportunities for married women to better themselves and make a difference.

One week from today, I will help Mr. Oklahoma 2009 crown my successor at the Mrs. Oklahoma International pageant. It has been a wonderful year, so ending it will be bittersweet, but I am thrilled at the chance to welcome a new woman to our sisterhood and share with her all of the wonderful experiences of being Mrs. Oklahoma!

Congrats Heather and Mrs. OK International delegates, I will see you on Friday night!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Heather was awesome last night!! Such a beautiful representative for Oklahoma.

Heather said...

Thank you so much, Sasha! Not only for this blog entry, but for helping me prepare along the way. Your help was invaluable to me. Let's stay in touch! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!

Sasha Townsend said...

You're welcome sweetie! I'm glad we met! Your own dedication, curiosity and work ethic, in addition to all of your other God-given beautiful qualities, earned you the title and the opportunity! I do hope we stay in touch!