Monday, January 26, 2009

National Wear Red Day is February 6.

Wear red
  • To show your support,
  • To honor those who have lost their lives to heart disease,
  • To inspire conversation and share your story,
  • To inspire compassion, conversation, and a heart-healthy lifestyle.
Love your heart through your choices:
  • I choose to eat baked, not fried.
  • I choose to be empowered.
  • I choose to show my support.
  • I choose to connect and inspire.
  • I choose to move, not sit around!
  • I choose to WEAR RED.

Become a You're the Cure advocate.
You can make a difference by:

  • Responding to You’re the Cure Action Alerts by sending an email or making a phone call to your lawmakers asking for their support of a bill,
  • Sharing your story with legislators and others to help bring the facts to life,
  • Stopping by your lawmaker’s local office to deliver information about an issue,
  • Attending a town hall meeting in your area,
  • Writing a letter to the editor of your local paper,
  • Getting friends and family involved.
All four of my grandparents have had problems with their hearts. Both of my grandmothers are in heaven now. Heart disease is preventable. Love your heart. Do it for the people you love, and do it for yourself.

No comments: